- ""What is this 'retreat' you speak of?"
- — Informal motto
The War Giants are mainly Codex-compliant chapter of unknown origin or founding. They were the third member to join The Honorless. A brutal chapter well known for engaging in preventative war, they are well liked amongst Ordo Xenos.
Chapter Combat Doctrine
- ""If the enemy doesn't have attack capacity, then they can be ignored."
- —-combat philosophy
The War Giants specialize in mid range combat, covering the middle range. They have little of the heavy artillery the Ronin deploy, nor the drive of the Gore Knights to coat themselves in blood. However, they will always hold their ground unless retreat was originally part of the battle plan or another chapter plans to bombard the area.
Attrition rates in the War Giants are second only to the Gore Knights, due to their desire to achieve victory no matter the cost. As long as the end goal is successful, all sacrifices are not in vain.
The gene-seed is an anomaly to all. It is not corrupted in any fashion and is rather potent. As such, Adeptus Mechanicus believes that they might be successors of a newer chapter as opposed to one of the legions. Given the chapter's attrition rate, it is indeed lucky that their gene-seed works so well.
The chapter has a fairly standard fleet for an Astartes chapter, except for their apparent main base, which is a mobile space station. Supposedly a fleet-based chapter, they go and help were needed.
- Othrys (Space Station) -Main base of the chapter. A medium sized battle station, it packs far more firepower than the average capital ship, but still pales in comparison to Phalanx or The Rock. It is a large sphere with a concave area upon the upper hemisphere that houses a massive lance supposedly capable of vaporizing a cruiser in a single shot. Weaponry was designed to fight capital ships, and needs the massive amount of escorts to keep it safe from smaller things that could avoid the defenses.
- Tower of the Sun (Battle Barge) -
- Tower of the Moon (Battle Barge) -
The chapter wears gold and black armor, similar to the Black Legion but inverted. The War Giants armor is gold with black trim.
The chapter badge is a bleached skull with a red hood.