- "Sickening. Foul. The kinds of traitors that will only hear the sound of my chainsword ripping through their skull in response to their choked battle-cries"
Originally a chapter of valiant servants of the emperor, since 90% of the chapter succumbing to a chaotic mutation known as Rust, the gore legion has been a horrifying legion of chaos space marines entirely dedicated to Chaos as a whole, especially Khorne. They dedicate every aspect of their existence to shedding bloodshed in the most brutal and painful of ways, using the most sadistic and bloody methods imaginable.
They are most widely recognised for their terror tactics, paralysing their enemies in bare fear before they even begin to attack them. The entire legion has suffered from forms of chaotic mutation, possibly due to their base planetary system being located within a warp anomaly, featuring anywhere from minor alterations to their skin; to horrendous extra limbs and arm-like protrusions growing out of their heads and bodies.
- "Cross these guys on the battlefield, you're already fucking infected. Chain yourself to a tree or something to save everyone else - You're gone"
- —Karl Alverston, Imperial Guardsman of the 28th Ferrax Regiment
Originally known as the Aldium Spears, the chapter was rigourously dedicated to the Emperor, being close allies to the Iron Scorpions. After a daemonic incursion on their chapter planet Aldium, and a succeeding victory, a mysterious infection known as Rust took it's hold on the chapter. To this day, 200 marines remain of the original 2000, and remain quarantined at an inquisitorial facility.
- "A ghastly and sickening array of torture tools..."
- — Anonymous Inquisitor
A series of 3-5 power swords or running chainswords attached in succession to a very large chain, often welded and joined to the arms of the marines. Though very cumbersome and almost impractical, the tool is definitely a terrible sight if you were to cross weapons with one.
The marine covers his entire suit of power armour with spikes and barbs - more of a passive offensive tool, but excellent for inducing terror.
Used as a heavy weapon, or mounted onto dreadnoughts or predators. A 3-6 barrelled chain cannon that fires rockets, at a very fast rate. Often quad-linked.
Small pods (12-barrelled) attached to the sides of tanks or on the backpacks of chaos marines. They fire long sharp stakes (2 feet long) at a rapid pace. They are often set into firing motion whilst entering close combat, hitting anything and everything in their path.
- "What a wonderful and exquisite gift this! Come my brothers and sisters, let us give thanks to the Dark gods for blessing these wayward loyalists with such beautiful madness. Now they see the truth! the Reality of the universe!... In their own, precious way. Obtain a sample of the disease, I may have use for such a potent tool of enlightenment."
- —Valkyura Warpschild Observing the effects of the Disease, and the actions of the Gore Legion.
- "All squads remain distant, I repeat, remain distant from the foe. There will be no trophies for us here this day, leave them to the death company, it is for situations such as this that we keep them."
- —Eulitus Ephrain of the Wings of Salvaxes
- "I am sorry brother, but your armour seal has been breached. I will return your blade to the Reclusiam. Emperor speed you brother."
- —Obsidian Blades Sergeant putting down an exposed battle brother.
- "Oh well done, really. You're not trying too hard, not at all. Seriously though, this. This is why Chaos will ultimately lose. Because it's just a sad cry for attention. 'Da Empawuh didna wub us enuff, Ima wock myself in my woom and cut my ahms wiff a wazuh bwade.'"